Woolworths (colloquially “Woolies”) is an Australian chain of Woolworths Group-owned supermarkets and grocers. Founded in 1924, Woolworths is a near-duopoly of Australian supermarkets along with Coles, controlling around 80 percent of the Australian market.
Woolworths specializes in the supermarket, but also offers magazines, DVDs, health and beauty goods, kitchen goods, items for pets and children, and documents.
There were 981 Woolworths supermarkets and 43 Metro convenience stores as of August 2019. Woolworths Online (formerly HomeShop) is a click and collect service for Woolworths stores and home delivery service. In this article, we’ll detail more about the company and how you can apply for Woolworths delivery jobs.
History and Overview
The first Woolworths store in 1931, in Cape Town, South Africa, opened its doors to the public. Its founder, Max Sonnenberg, captured the imagination of the public through innovative store policies that separated Woolworths from its competitors.
Three years later, a second branch opened in Durban, with another two in Port Elizabeth and Johannesburg. Woolworths has steadily built up its reputation for outstanding quality, innovative creativity, and excellent value ever since.
In 1994, Woolworths had its store card introduced. In 2000, Woolworths Financial Services, a joint venture between Woolworths South Africa and Barclays Bank, was formed to provide focused financial products and services to Woolworths customers.
WHL purchased a majority stake in Country Road Group in 1997, and the remaining shares were purchased in 2014. The Country Road brand was founded in 1974 as a manufacturer and supplier of casual cotton shirts for women. Re-launched in 2004, the company has grown into a leading lifestyle brand known for trendy clothing, high-quality accessories, and homeware.
Five Australian businessmen-Percy Christmas, Stanley Chatterton, Cecil Scott Waine, George Creed, and Ernest Williams-founded Woolworths Limited (now Woolworths Group) on 22 September 1924.
The Transition and Development
The first store, named “Woolworths Stupendous Bargain Basement,” was opened on 5 December 1924 in Pitt Street, Sydney’s Imperial Arcade. There were only 29 shareholders following the first store, and little interest was shown in accelerating the brand’s growth.
However, as trade continued and shareholders poured in more cash, the company’s dividends paid in its third year of operation rose from 5 percent to 50 percent.
Customer interest in the company grew after December 1924, when more of the store’s branches were established across Australia. Woolworths shops began offering a range of items, promising both the lowest rates and money-back guarantees. Woolworths stores were the first variety store in the world to install receipt-printing cash register machines in 1926, at the forefront of innovation in Australia.
In 1987, after introducing new company procedures for their new food divisions, Woolworths launched the campaign “Fresh Food People”.
In 2012, the slogan marginally changed to “Australia’s Fresh Food Men”, highlighting the fact that 96 percent of fresh produce sold in Woolworths supermarkets is produced in Australia. In 2014 the initial slogan “The Fresh Food People” came back with a new series of TV advertisements.
How to Apply to Woolworths Delivery Jobs
If you are a job seeker and would like to apply for Woolworths delivery jobs, the following steps would need to be completed.
- Using the search tool search for a suitable job.
- On the job description for the position you would like to apply for, click on the job button.
- After you have clicked on a button, if you have not already signed in, you will be asked to sign in. You can build an account if you don’t already have a username and password.
- You’re first presented with your applicant profile before you’re taken to the application form.
- Click “Apply” to complete the application form for Woolworths delivery jobs.
With this done, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail, so you need to check that out.
Next up, you need to create a profile where Woolworths can see you, your skills, accomplishments, and desired roles in the company.
- To create a work seeker profile, turn over ‘careers’ and then pick ‘set work alert or log in’.
- This connection will take you to the login page where you can build an account to apply for the opportunities for our job. Click the “Account Formation” button.
- Clicking on the connection and selecting the file from your device will add your CV to your profile. When you’re done, you will need to save the details. You’re on your way to getting work with Woolworths delivery jobs.
Now you’re all set in order to pursue Woolworths delivery jobs. Wait for the company to contact you for a job offer. Click here to start browsing for more available careers online.